Monday 14 May 2012

 Jim Came To Visit

http://chitwanbamboolodge.jimdo.com/english/


Jim the mouse, that is what I am calling him, he didn't actually tell me his name and besides I can't speak mouse anyway, so Jim, you left me calling cards during the night, that was not really necessary and I would much rather you did that outside!

I didn't invite Jim for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks, but he thought I had. A midnight feast to be exact! What on earth is that scratching sound in the corner of the bedroom? Is it the burglar from Pokhara trying to get into my room again? I sit up, listening, hearing rustling and plastic bags being investigated!!!

I start to breathe quicker, my heart beating faster, should I wake Richard and get him to have a look!! Nope, I am brave. Padding across the cold stone floor over to the bags, peering in, EEK, something scurried across the floor. It has to be Jim!

I think he has gone now, I cross the cold stone floor back to bed, ahh sleep beckons! Rustle rustle, scratching, squeaking, oh no, not again grrrr. Pad across the cold stone floor, quietly and slow, Jim is going to get it this time! Not literally I might add!

I get close to the bags, it goes quiet apart from a slight munch munch, I pick up the box of hobnobs, it feels heavy, my heart beats quicker, feeling a little scared in case Jim jumps out and scurries! I look closer into the box and there he is, eating my hobnobs!! He doesn't move, he sits there looking at me with a hobnob smirk on his face! Slowly I put the box on the floor, Im not going to put him outside in case the tiger is waiting, well he might be, who knows!  

The midnight feast and partying went on for a couple of hours, Jim invited friends and they were running around the room squeaking burning off the hobnob calories! Ok ok, have a party but do it quietly please, Im trying to sleep here!

Night night. 

   




No comments:

Post a Comment