Monday 9 May 2011

13th April 2011

My visit to see my  cousin Joy was a good one. I caught the train to Carnforth where Joy met me in her lovely red mini. We decided to go to Kendal and have a browse round the town. First of all I needed a caffiene infusion so we stopped in a sweet little cafe and had a toasted tea cake and coffee, that certainly did the trick and I was ready to window shop!!

I am into collage and altered art, mixed media at the moment so I wanted to look in charity shops to see if there was anything I could find. I found a couple of bits of bobs, charity shops/boot fairs etc are great for that sort of thing, not spending a fortune and finding something different to use.  

Joy bought some books for her son fairly early on in our day and ended up carrying them around with her, they were heavy, I would not have been able to carry heavy books for more than ten minutes and I would always ask the shop keeper if I can pick them up later, but Joy was adamant she was ok to carry them around!

I met Joy's son who is 13 and her lovely daughters and grandson which was great, I have met them before a long time ago when the girls were children, so it was good to meet them as adults at last.  

I like Kendal, I think I would like to live near there when we are able to get a house, I really hope we find a   house we can fall in love with!

No comments:

Post a Comment